Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

Summer learning journey Week 2 bonus Activity. Woman at Work

Women at Work
Both men and women served in World War II. Many women chose to enlist as nurses and be stationed overseas caring for wounded soldiers. My nana was one of those nurses. She (Dorothy) spent much of World War II working on a large Red Cross ship that was stationed off the coast of Cairo, Egypt.   


For this activity, you are going to imagine that you are just like Dorothy and that you are working as a nurse on a large medical ship. Complete the story provided above. To earn full points you must write, at least, 8-10 sentences. What happens next?


One day you are walking along the deck of the ship when you hear a loud bang. You start to run as you see smoke coming from the far end of the ship. You run towards the room where your patients are waiting to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as you arrive at the door to their room you hear another loud bang and you... jump up with fear. As I was running through the corridors to warn and help patients and also getting them to safety. There are people panicking and stressed out of what is going to happen. While I was running I was worried for the patients and their families. The patients were all in shock. I ran into a room and tried calling for help but there was no signal. Then I started to panic even more because our ship was slowly starting to sink down. All I was thinking at that moment we are going to drown, but then I saw rescue boats coming to rescue us. They must've saw our rescue light and the ship sinking down. We were so glad that we made it back safely.




The End

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Sonnia,

    What an entertaining story you have written! As I was reading it, I couldn't help but hold my breath and wonder what was going to happen next. You have a great way of making the story come alive for the reader. Do you get much practice writing stories in your classes at school?

    I hope that you will do a lot of writing over the year and that you'll share some of this writing on your blog for the rest of us to read!

    All the best,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete